May 6th, 2011
The Arkansas State Shoot here in Berryville is coming up on May 20, 21, and 22. at Luther Owens Muzzle Loading Range and Park. We have a covered firing line, camping with showers and electrical hookups, and 84 matches for shooters of all ages. FREE TRADER'S spaces and camping! For further details, Bob Wiley, 870-367-7176. Come join us for the fun!!
8-2-2010 Club meeting for Luther's Longhunter's muzzleloading club is set for August 21st at 12:30 at Geraldi's on the east side of the Berryville square. All interested parties are invited to attend. If you'd like to volunteer to help at the Saunder's shoot, we'd greatly appreciate it! My phone is 870-423-4741 if you need details.
GRAND PRIZE free gun
We are also giving away a beautiful Doug Hall painting limited edition print for the top woman shooter at the 55th annual Saunder's shoot this September. It is a large (approx. 24 X36 inch) canvas and framed very nicely. It is a very beautiful painting of a native American brave posing in a woodland scene in native dress and is valued at approx. $750. A GREAT prize!!!!!!
Doug Hall Top Prize Painting
I finally have the pictures up of the beautiful FREE Northwest gun we'll be giving as Grand Prize at the 55th annual Saunder's Memorial Shoot.
See new shotgun info. by scrolling down below rifle shoot program.
The 2010 Arkansas State Shoot is May14th, 15th 16th. No Trader's fees will be charged, so come set up and sell trade your wares!!! Camping is $20 for the whole shoot. Electric hook-ups are available and an extra nominal fee is assessed. Showers and a 60 position covered firing line make this a very family friendly and comfortable shoot. Come join us for a great time.
9-30-2009 We got another 2 shipments of barrels finally and are back to full production on everything. We have barrels for our French rifles and smoothbores, English rifles and smoothbores and Southern Mountain rifles in stock. I've got extra stocks cut ready for assembly, so if you've been waiting for us to get geared up again, give us a call and we'll give you details on delivery times. Sorry for the horrible delay. We just hope this never happens again!
We had a great Berryville shoot last weekend. It kept us out of the shop for 5 days, but we had a good turnout and everybody had fun in the SUNSHINE and complete lack of mud. We had 114 shooters and 30 smoothbore shooters on the trap/sporting clays ranges.
NEWS: Luther's Long Hunters (our local club and shoot sponsor) has taken steps to give away a Caywood Northwest Trade gun with 20 gauge and .58 rifled barrel for the first place FLINTLOCK shooter next September. The gun will feature our 41 inch barrel model, jug choked 20 gauge, sling swivels, sling, brass sighted rifle barrel and full factory warranty. Stay posted and we'll get pictures of the new prize gun posted on the Berryville shoot page soon. Tell all your friends to start making plans now to come have a "shot" at a new flintlock. We look forward to seeing old friends and making LOTS of new ones. Get fired up!!!!! This will be the 55th anniversary of the shoot and we want to make this special and memorable!!
8-27-2008 We have a few shotgun match changes. The shoot flyers you received have an insert detailing the changes, but I want to post them here for those of you who don't have a copy of the flyer.
The flintlock shotgun match has been changed to allow "any choke".
Chokes may not be changed once you have started a match. Example; (Matches 39, 40 and 41 or any re-entry or protection match.)
Shotgun trap agg. is $10.00, no re-entry.
Original and flintlock shotgun re-entry matches will be $5.00 for the match and $3 for each re-entry.
Shotgun protection match will be Saturday at 2:00 p.m. and will be $2.50 per shooter. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place plaques will be awarded. This match will be shot on the 14 yard line. Ties, if any, will be shot on the 16 yard line.
We have a great shoot set up for September 23-26th. I'll post the match program below. We have offhand, women's, juniors, sub-juniors, bench, trade gun and shotgun matches. We have very nice camping facilities, showers, covered firing line, traders for supplies and location close to town. Make plans now to attend. We are going to have lots of fun!
Saunderís Memorial Shoot
September 23, 24, 25, 26, 2010
Luther Owenís Muzzle Loading
Range and Park
Firing will begin Thursday at noon, Friday & Saturday 9-4:00 p.m. Firing will begin at 8:00 a.m. Sunday and continue until 10:00 am. No relay started after 10:00 a.m. Sunday.
COME JOIN US FOR SOME FUN!
Boy Scouts serving meals in the Log Cabin
Lunch - Friday & Saturday
Breakfast - Saturday & Sunday
Dinner Buffet - Saturday evening!
Bring the kids and spend the day
Covered Firing Line, Trap Range, Good Camping Grounds, Water, Firewood, Showers, Limited Electricity (first come ‑ first served), Bring your Guitars, Banjos, and Fiddles [No Camp Fires North of Ditch in Traders Row].
REGISTRATION FEES: Menís Agg $15; Ladiesí Agg $15; Junior Agg $5; Sub-Junior Agg $5; Pistol agg $5; Bench Rest Agg $5; Trade Gun Agg $5; Trap Agg $10; Original Shotgun Re-entry $5; Flint Shotgun Re-entry $5; Rifle and Pistol Re-entry Matches $2; Practice Targets $1.
CAMPING FEE: $10.00 per camp (+ $5.00 if you use park electricity). Pay at the Registration & Scoring Shed. Non-camping shooters pay registration and entry fees only. Camp fees are used to maintain and improve the range and park. Camps and trade tents may be set up anytime after 8:00 a.m. Tuesday preceding the shoot.
NOTE TO TRADERS: We have plenty of space on Traders Row. No charge for traders to camp or trade.
[Please No Noise After 11:00 P.M. Parents or guardians are responsible for children's actions.]
We've kept the program same as last year, to be a little simpler for all of the workers in the target shed. Its kind of nice for everyone to shoot all the same targets and compete against one another. I think 10 rifle matches seem to be a pretty good number. Plenty to shoot and still have time left over to hang around and harass rest of the shooters. The bench matches have been revised, so if you're a bench shooter, please take note. This is a really fun match and last year on Sunday, we had the final targets scored, the prizes handed out and everyone was able to hit the road about 1 or 1:30 in the afternoon. We welcome everyone to come in as early as Tuesday and camp. The shooting starts Friday morning. Full camping facilities with electric hook-ups are available on a first-come first-serve basis.
Time Limit: 30 minutes per relay.
MATCH NO. TARGET SIGHTS SHOTS RANGE SCORE
1. Menís Percussion or Flint Rifle 6 Bull (8 ring) Open 5 25 yd ________
2. Menís Percussion or Flint Rifle Crow Open 5 25 yd ________
3. Menís Percussion or Flint Rifle Running Chuck Open 5 25 yd ________
4. Menís Percussion or Flint Rifle Chuck (standing) Open 5 25 yd ________
5. Menís Percussion or Flint Rifle Squirrel Open 5 25 yd ________
6. Menís Percussion or Flint Rifle 6 Bull (7 ring) Open 5 50 yd ________
7. Menís Percussion or Flint Rifle Big Bull (8 ring) Open 5 50 yd ________
8. Menís Percussion or Flint Rifle Bear Open 5 50 yd ________
9. Menís Percussion or Flint Rifle Buffalo Open 5 50 yd ________
10. Menís Percussion or Flint Rifle Deer Open 5 50 yd ________
Menís Agg. Matches 1 through 10 Total________
11. Ladiesí Percussion or Flint Rifle 6 Bull (8 ring) Open 5 25 yd ________
12. Ladiesí Percussion or Flint Rifle Crow Open 5 25 yd ________
13. Ladiesí Percussion or Flint Rifle Running Chuck Open 5 25 yd ________
14. Ladiesí Percussion or Flint Rifle Chuck (standing) Open 5 25 yd ________
15. Ladiesí Percussion or Flint Rifle Squirrel Open 5 25 yd ________
16. Ladiesí Percussion or Flint Rifle 6 Bull (7 ring) Open 5 50 yd ________
17. Ladiesí Percussion or Flint Rifle Big Bull (8 ring) Open 5 50 yd ________
18. Ladiesí Percussion or Flint Rifle Bear Open 5 50 yd ________
19. Ladiesí Percussion or Flint Rifle Buffalo Open 5 50 yd ________
20. Ladiesí Percussion or Flint Rifle Deer Open 5 50 yd ________
Ladiesí Agg. Matches 11 through 20 Total________
21. Junior Rifle 6 Bull (8 ring) Open 5 25 yd ________
22. Junior Rifle Chuck (standing) Open 5 25 yd ________
23. Junior Rifle Big Bull (8 ring) Open 5 50 yd ________
24. Junior Rifle Bear Open 5 50 yd ________
Junior Agg. Matches 21, 22, 23, 24 [See Rule 19] Total________
25. Sub-Junior Rifle 6 Bull (8 ring) Open 5 25 yd ________
26. Sub-Junior Rifle Chuck (standing) Open 5 25 yd ________
27. Sub-Junior Rifle Big Bull (8 ring) Open 5 25 yd ________
28. Sub-Junior Rifle Bear Open 5 25 yd ________
Sub-Junior Agg. Matches 25, 26, 27, 28 [See Rule 19] Total________
29. Benchrest Rifle 6 Bull (8 ring) Any Metallic 5 50 yd ________
30. Benchrest Rifle 6 Bull (7 ring) Any Metallic 5 50 yd ________
31. Benchrest Rifle Big Bull (8 ring) Any Metallic 5 100 yd ________
32. Benchrest Rifle Big Bull (7 ring) Any Metallic 5 100 yd ________
Bench Rest Agg. Matches 29, 30, 31, 32 Total________
33. Any Percussion or Flint Pistol 25 Yd. Pistol Open 10 25 yd ________
34. Any Percussion or Flint Pistol 50 Yd. Pistol Open 10 50 yd ________
35. Any Percussion or Flint Pistol Bear Open 10 25 yd ________
36. Any Percussion or Flint Pistol Big Buffalo Open 10 50 yd ________
Pistol Agg. Matches 33, 34, 35, 36 Total________
37. Trade Gun (see rule 20) Camp Buddies Sighted or Unsighted 10 25 yd ________
38. Trade Gun (see rule 20) Smirky Turkeys Sighted or Unsighted 10 25 yd ________
Trade Gun Agg. Matches 37 & 38 Total________
39. Trap (Only NMLRA Legal Muzzle Loading Shotgun) 15 birds at 10 yd ________
40. Trap (Only NMLRA Legal Muzzle Loading Shotgun) 15 birds at 14 yd ________
41. Trap (Only NMLRA Legal Muzzle Loading Shotgun) 10 birds at 16 yd ________
Trap Agg Total________
Rifle ‑ Daily Re-entry (Fri. & Sat.) To be announced Open 5 25 yd ________
Pistol - Daily Re-entry (Fri. & Sat.) To be announced Open 5 25 yd ________
Original Shotgun Re-entry Match (cylinder bore only) 15 birds at 10 yd ________
Flint Shotgun Re-entry Match (cylinder bore only) 15 birds at 10 yd ________
Sporting Clays (organized by Rod Gates at the trap range)
Shotgun Protection Match Ė To be organized by trap shooters
Keep your flints sharp and your powder dry.
SAUNDERíS MEMORIAL SHOOT
SAUNDERS MEMORIAL SHOOT SEPTEMBER 2010
ATTENTION SHOTGUN SHOOTERS
PAY YOUR REGISTRATION FEE ONLY,WHEN YOU REGISTER.ALL SHOTGUN
MATCHES (TRAP&SPORTING CLAYS)FEES WILL BE PAID AT THE TRAP RANGE.
TRAP MATCH-39 15 BIRDS@10 YDS.DAILY RE-ENTRY PAYBACK 30-20-10
TRAP MATCH-40 15 BIRDS @14 YDS.DAILY RE-ENTRY PAYBACK 30-20-10
TRAP MATCH-41 10 BIRDS @16 YDS.DAILY RE-ENTRY PAYBACK 30-20-10
LADIES TRAP MATCH-42 15 BIRDS @10 YDS.RE-ENTRY 3 MEDALS 1ST 2 ND 3 RD
ORIGINAL TRAP MATCH-43 15 BIRDS @10 YDS.RE-ENTRY 3 MEDALS 1ST 2 ND 3 RD
FLINTLOCK TRAP MATCH-44 15 BIRDS @10 YDS.RE-ENTRY 3 MEDALS 1ST 2 ND 3 RD
BLACK POWDER CARTRIDGE TRAP
TRAP MATCH-45 20 BIRDS@16 YDS.RE-ENTRY 3 MEDALS 1ST 2 ND and 3 RD
MUZZLE LOADING TRAP CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
TRAP MATCH-46 10 BIRDS @10 YDS /10 BIRDS @14 YDS /10 BIRDS @16 YDS
30 BIRDS TOTAL NO RE-ENTRY 3 PLAQUES 1ST 2 ND and 3 RD PLACES
TRAP PROTECTION MATCH ON SATURDAY AFTERNOON 10 BIRDS @16 YDS.
WINNERS -6 PLAQUES 2 EACH FOR 1ST 2 ND and 3 RD PLACES
SPORTING CLAYS SHOTGUN MATCHES
MUZZLE LOADING SHOTGUN 20 BIRDS,RE-ENTRY MATCH 3 PLAQUES
BLACK POWDER CARTRIDGE MATCH 20 BIRDS,RE-ENTRY MATCH 3 PLAQUES
SATURDAY NIGHT SUPPER SHOOT
BEST SCORE OF 20 BIRD SPORTING and 15 BIRDS @14 YD TRAP MATCHES
RE-ENTRY MATCH FOR MUZZLE LOADERS ONLY.MUST DECLARE "SUPPER
SHOOT".TO RE-ENTER YOU HAVE TO SHOOT ALL 35 BIRDS IN THIS MATCH.
WINNER GETS A FREE "BOY SCOUT"SUPPER AT THE CLUB HOUSE.
TRAP MUZZLE LOADING RE-ENTRY FEE 10 OR 15 BIRD MATCHES
BLACK POWDER CARTRIDGE TRAP MATCH
MUZZLE LOADING TRAP CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
MUZZLE LOADING or CARTRIDGE SPORTING CLAYS
ONLY MUZZLE LOADING SHOTGUNS WITH EXPOSED OUTSIDE HAMMERS AND
NIPPLES ALLOWED,USING FLINT OR PERCUSSION IGNITION.BP CARTRIDGE
SHOTGUNS WILL HAVE OUTSIDE HAMMERS OR DAMASCUS BARRELS.
RAFFLE TICKETS FOR DONATED MERCHANDISE WILL BE SOLD BY MEMBERS OF
THE MISSOURI BLACK POWDER SOCIETY (MBPS).THE PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF
THE MBPS IS TO PROMOTE THE TRADITIONAL USE OF MUZZLE LOADING AND
BLACK POWDER CARTRIDGE FIREARMS PRIOR TO THE YEAR 1900.THE MBPS
PROVIDES FREE EDUCATION AND TRAINING TO ALL BEGINNERS,YOUNG AND
OLD.WE HAVE MEMBERS IN 5 STATES.COPIES OF OUR CONSTITUTION AND BY-
LAWS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE TRAP RANGE.THANKS,MBPS